CPS Virtual High School offers virtual online courses for students districtwide. Students can take an entire course from any Internet-connected computer, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
CPS VHS’s mission is to offer Columbia students equal access to a wide range of high quality courses, flexibility in scheduling, and interactive online learning that is neither time nor place dependent.
If you are a motivated student and are interested in taking an online course through CPS Virtual High School for second semester complete our application. This is a pilot program with a limited number of seats. Applications are due in your schools Guidance Department by December 16th. Courses will be assigned on a first come - first serve basis.
Why virtual instruction?
The Columbia Public Schools Virtual High School (CPS-VHS) offers online courses for 9-12 students districtwide. Columbia-certified teachers facilitate courses available via any Internet-connected computer. CPS-VHS provides Missouri students with equal access to a wide range of coursework, anywhere, any time.
CPS-VHS allows Missouri to
- Expand the range of courses and opportunities offered to students
- Offer courses for students where there are no qualified teachers to teach the course
- Allow students to take a course not offered because there are not enough students to assign a teacher to teach the course at the school district
- Provide courses for students who have schedules that prevent them from taking a course when it is offered
- Present high quality instruction to students who are in alternative education settings or on home and hospital instruction
- Provides equity across programs and school in the quality of instruction CPS-VHS offers “any time, any place” learning for Columbia students