If you consider yourself a sports fan, then you definitely know that the 2011 NFL draft is coming up on Thursday, April 28 on primetime. Many teams have turned their franchises around by making wise selections (i.e. Peyton Manning), many have sent their team to an abyss with poor selections, while simultaneously breaking their bank accounts (i.e. Jamarcus Russell). The Carolina Panthers will have the heralded first pick this year, and unlike past years the pick could go many different ways.
Here is how I see the first 16 picks playing out. (Second half of the first round coming next week)
- Carolina Panthers- Cameron Newton, QB, Auburn.
- Denver Broncos- Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama.
- Buffalo Bills- Von Miller, OLB/DE, Texas A&M.
- Cincinnati Bengals- Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri.
- Arizona Cardinals- Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU.
- Cleveland Browns- A.J. Green, WR, Georgia.
- San Francisco 49ers- Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
- Tennessee Titans- Robert Quinn, DE/DT, North Carolina
- Dallas Cowboys- Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
- Washington Redskins- Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri
- Houston Texans- J.J. Watt, JDE, Wisconsin
- Minnesota Vikings- Tyron Smith, OT, USC
- Detroit Lions- Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
- St. Louis Rams- Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
- Miami Dolphins- Mike Pouncey, OG/C, Florida
- Jacksonville Jaguars- Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
By Chris Griggs